Welcome to my Nuffield Blog. As a 2017 Nuffield Scholar, I’m extremely fortunate to be seeing the best in Agriculture around the world. This blog is designed to give you an introduction to me, our farming business, the Nuffield journey and the key insights I learn along the way.
* Brendan and I operate a mixed farming enterprise in the Central West of New South Wales, Australia. Geurie is situated about 30 min drive east of Dubbo, and 5 hours drive west of Sydney. Based on the Macquarie River in the Macquarie Valley we focus on high value cropping programs, balanced by a small breeding program and livestock trading to ‘iron out’ the peaks and troughs associated with high-risk irrigated cropping.
* Brendan and I are very blessed to be new parents to little Lachlan
* 4 days a week, I’m a lawyer in Dubbo practising in the area of estate planning, tax, trusts, equity, commercial law and deceased estates. I’m involved in various boards and committees locally and in Sydney.
* I love pretending to be a competitive tennis player, country gardening, entertaining, tax law, good wills, time with family and great friends. (Not necessarily in that order)
* To get in touch, send me a message through my Facebook Nuffield Page (details below)
* I’ll be posting more regularly through Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn: to follow any of these go to: